About Us: Meet the Owners of EDM
Mike Wiles grew up on a small farm in Missouri and has always had a passion for tractors.
He has 20 years of practical ag equipment dealership experience, first as a territory manager at AGCO and then as a manager at S&H Farm Supply where he oversaw sales, parts and service departments at the award-winning dealership for 11 years. He has also served as KTTS radio’s farm news director.
Currently, Mike not only co-owns EDM, but also hosts a website called asktractormike.com to train compact tractor customers on the proper operation of equipment.
Dave Groves is a web designer and developer with years of experience in print and online marketing. Working with Mike and a design team, he builds websites and manages SEO and SEM activities. His ag dealer success stories include Montrose Implement & Motor Sports in Montrose, CO; Shively Hardware in Saratoga, Wy, Ron's Equipment in Ft. Collins, CO and Prospect Implement in Keenesburg, CO. He also built the site for the 3-dealership Donald Farm and Lawn in Missouri. His wife, Carrie, also works on websites for EDM.
See samples of his other work at Siteguy.net.
- We have 20+ years successful experience in dealership management and equipment sales.
- Our team has developed more than 70 websites from the ground up, and we provide monthly web traffic reports so our customers can track their website’s success.
- We offer our own customized program for moving used inventory, tailored to fit your location and budget.
- Content is always developed to appeal to visitors and search engines…so your website ranks high in Google searches!
- Our graphic artists have extensive Photoshop experience, and design logos and print ads as well as websites.
- Our staff YouTube expert can enhance you web presence with the power of video.
- New inventory will be displayed on your site. We don’t send your traffic to manufacturers’ sites where you can potentially lose them.
- We plan and implement the allocation of your media budget, coordinate updates with media sources, and arrange co-op utilization.
What Satisfied Customers Have to Say
"Dave Groves approached our John Deere business, Donald Farm & Lawn, at a time when we were frustrated with our advertising agency because of our lack of presence on the Internet via search. Our website was impressive– lots of pictures and color --but we were lacking visitors. If you used pertinent Internet search words, we were still buried on the 3rd or 4th page.
Dave listened to our concerns and drafted a plan to establish our website with increased visitors and move our search to the 1st page. We were a little skeptical at first, because we thought a large national advertising agency would have more resources and experience to take our business into web success. We told Dave we would think about it. Then a month later, our agency called to renew our website for a year and refused our request to only renew for 3 months. They threatened to shut us down in 7 days if we did not pay in advance. It was our busy season and we didn't have time to deal with this. In a panic, I called Dave and asked him how long it would take to create a website for us and he said he could have it in a few weeks. When I told him we needed it within 7 days, he said he would make it work.
The next day Dave had a site up and running and we decided to hire him. As soon as he had the site up, he turned his attention to analyzing our visitors. Dave gathered statistical information from Google and focused on increasing our visitors. In a short time we could see concrete results. Not only was the website impressive to look at, it was functional -- bringing in new customers and engaging established visitors on the site.
Next, he focused on our presence via search engines. Dave researched our industry competition and where they were at via search engines. It was very interesting to see how aggressive our competitors were. Dave implemented a comprehensive plan to increase our presence on search engines. He took the time to fully understand our business and identify our objectives. In a short amount of time we were on page 1 with other larger multi-store dealers. In some cases, we were far ahead of these dealerships.
Dave also established an email newsletter, blog, and a Facebook page. He was always looking for ways to increase our social media presence. Our concern was that it would require a lot of our time and take us away from the business, but Dave did all the grunt work and all we had to do was give a stamp of approval before he posted.
Dave was always available, very attentive, honest, hardworking, and took the initiative to develop our presence on the Internet. He proved himself in a very short amount of time, and we were very happy with the success of our website and search engine standings. Dave was very knowledgeable about our agriculture and lawn and garden business and brought information to us about the competition which was very useful."
- Marlene Donald, Former Owner Donald Farm and Lawn, Lebanon, Jefferson City and Rolla, MO